Tonight is the last night in the hostal! One week later, and I am still without a permanent residence. Well I guess we wouldn't call it permanent since I'll be back in the U.S. so soon anyways, huh? Tomorrow we have SIX appointments to look at pisos - what they call apartments here. So, you might think I'm homeless then, right? That might be the case if I didn't have such awesome friends like DeAnna to let me crash at her place. She lives with a woman named Berny who sleeps on the couch, so that will make four of us in a tiny one bedroom, but adaptation is what this experience is all about. Adapting to uncomfortable circumstances helps you grow as a person, which is all I'm looking to do :) We really thought we were going to take an apartment today, but in the end we all decided it was not the right choice. It was not as close as we would have like to the centro, the landlord looked a little sketchy, and they were asking for too much of a deposit. It was a REALLY cute place though. I know everything will work out, so don't any of you go worrying about me ;)
Besides the jetlag, minor language barrier and infrequent attack of stress due to the housing situation, Spain is perfect, just as I imagined. I love speaking Spanish and meeting new people while doing so. Unfortunately I haven't been able to let my social life flourish to its full potential, but it definitely will in due time :) Right now, I'm just taking it all in and becoming more and more appreciative each day of how lucky I am to be here with great friends, while still having so many people who love me and will wait for me at home. I'm so blessed.
Last thing....today is Apphia's birthday. I love her so much! I hope just one person who knew her reads my blog, and it reminds them about her birthday, and they take a minute to think about how absolutely wonderful she was. No one will ever compare :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey you, hope you are livin your dream as expected. Very happy for you and miss you lotz. Well im doin good shannon and i are no longer dating, just friends for now. As i would have a new girlfriend, and you know this one. But i won't tell you till i hear back from you. It will just give you something to look foward to. But all in all im doing very well we won are golf league. I also have won a few other tournaments. My parents are happy for me that my golf game has come back. Only a matter of time till you see me on TV is what my dad says, but we will see. But im back on my feet and its only a matter of time till i get back into school. Just waiting for some money to build up. But anyway enough about me let me hear about you. Hit me up as soon as you get this.
Post a Comment